Job Title: Manufacturing Technician I
Location: Greater Washington DC area
Start Date: ASAP (to be confirmed, but tentative start period)
Position Type: Full-Time
Maxim Biomedical is seeking an entry-level Manufacturing Technician that exhibits an understanding of basic scientific principles regarding production of consumables, kit or reagent manufacturing. Candidate will be responsible for meeting production schedules in a collaborative, fast-paced setting. Each technician will be involved with performing laboratory manufacturing responsibilities which may include the production of lateral flow devices, buffers and reagents, and assembly of components and kits for high-volume fulfillment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate semi-automated and automated equipment for use in reagent, component, and kit production.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratory space.
- Accurately complete documentation using executed manufacturing protocols.
- Maintain individual training records.
- Assist as necessary for troubleshooting during manufacturing.
- Follow Good Manufacturing (GMP), Quality System Regulation (QSR), and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in life sciences or similar discipline or Associates in Life Sciences with 2+ years of equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail, strong communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills.
- Ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively respond to change.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs unassisted.
- Previous work experience with lateral flow manufacturing and automated equipment.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience
Benefits: Maxim Biomedical offers a base salary, bonuses, paid time off, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.