Job Title: Manufacturing Technician II
Location: Greater Washington DC area
Start Date: ASAP (to be confirmed, but tentative start period)
Position Type: Full-Time
Maxim Biomedical is seeking a mid-level Manufacturing Technician that will support operations by executing approved SOPs and following regulatory and quality guidelines. Candidate should be well-versed in the understanding of scientific principles regarding manufacturing production of lateral flow consumables, kit or reagent manufacturing. In addition to supervisory responsibility, each technician will also be involved with the performing of laboratory manufacturing responsibilities which may include the production of buffers and reagents, lateral flow production, and assembly or packaging of components. Technician should have experience with operating multiple, large-scale, automated equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead in the operation of semi-automated and automated equipment for use in reagent, component, and kit production.
- Supervise and assist Manufacturing Technician I in manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with other manufacturing support areas to coordinate activities.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratory space.
- Manufacture and verify accuracy of order or requests according to established SOPs.
- Accurately complete documentation using executed manufacturing protocols.
- Maintain individual training records.
- Assist as necessary for troubleshooting during manufacturing.
- Follow Good Manufacturing (GMP), Quality System Regulation (QSR), and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in life sciences or similar discipline.
- At least 2-3 years of cGMP IVD and lateral flow manufacturing experience.
- Attention to detail, strong communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills.
- Ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively respond to change.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs unassisted.
- Previous work experience with supervisory role.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience
Benefits: Maxim Biomedical offers a base salary, bonuses, paid time off, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.